[PD-dev] [GEM] new objects Visual Studio.NET

Gabriel Westmaas westmaas at indra.net
Fri Mar 12 05:26:03 CET 2004

Hello,

Sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't see the first one go through...

First, I apologize if this has an obvious solution, I've been banging my
head against the wall for days, and just can't get this to work.

I am using the C++ compiler in Visual Studio.NET 2003, it's in a lab that I
don't have install priveleges on, so its very difficult to get other
environments running.

I am just trying to build a new GEM object.  I decided to start simple, and
work with the existing color object and just change it slightly to see if I
could get it to work.  I named my files newcolor.cpp\.h and changed all the
class names and the function names.  The only thing I changed was to switch
the order of the color vectors.

First things first, I guess I should make sure I have the right basic idea.
I am trying to build a newcolor.dll file which will be in the extra folder
(where gem.dll is).  Assuming that is correct, I get this series of errors
and am unable to resolve them.  Any suggestions?

BTW, I have tried building GEM from scratch using Visual Studio and am
unable due to errors very similar to the "unresolved external symbol" errors
below.

Thanks,
Gabe Westmaas

c:\Program Files\Pure Data\gem\devel\newcolor\newcolor.cpp(85): warning
C4273: 'newcolor::newcolorMessCallback' : inconsistent dll linkage
c:\Program Files\Pure Data\gem\devel\newcolor\newcolor.cpp(30): warning
C4273: 'newcolor::newcolor' : inconsistent dll linkage
c:\Program Files\Pure Data\gem\devel\newcolor\newcolor.cpp(51): warning
C4273: 'newcolor::~newcolor' : inconsistent dll linkage
c:\Program Files\Pure Data\gem\devel\newcolor\newcolor.cpp(58): warning
C4273: 'newcolor::render' : inconsistent dll linkage
c:\Program Files\Pure Data\gem\devel\newcolor\newcolor.cpp(67): warning
C4273: 'newcolor::newcolorMess' : inconsistent dll linkage
c:\Program Files\Pure Data\gem\devel\newcolor\newcolor.cpp(80): warning
C4273: 'newcolor::obj_setupCallback' : inconsistent dll linkage

newcolor error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void
__thiscall GemBase::setModified(void)" (?setModified at GemBase@@MAEXXZ)
newcolor error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void
__thiscall GemBase::stopRendering(void)" (?stopRendering at GemBase@@MAEXXZ)
newcolor error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void
__thiscall GemBase::startRendering(void)" (?startRendering at GemBase@@MAEXXZ)
newcolor error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void
__thiscall GemBase::stoprender(void)" (?stoprender at GemBase@@MAEXXZ)
newcolor error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void
__thiscall GemBase::postrender(class GemState *)"
(?postrender at GemBase@@MAEXPAVGemState@@@Z)
newcolor error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static struct _text * CPPExtern::m_holder"
(__imp_?m_holder at CPPExtern@@2PAU_text@@A)
newcolor error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,void *,void *)"
(__imp_??2 at YAPAXIPAX0@Z) referenced in function "void * __cdecl
_classnewcolor(struct _symbol *,int,struct _atom *)"
(?_classnewcolor@@YAPAXPAU_symbol@@HPAU_atom@@@Z)
newcolor error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static void __cdecl newcolor::real_obj_setupCallback(struct _class
*)" (__imp_?real_obj_setupCallback at newcolor@@SAXPAU_class@@@Z) referenced in
function _newcolor_setup
newcolor error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static void __cdecl newcolor::obj_freeCallback(void *)"
(__imp_?obj_freeCallback at newcolor@@SAXPAX at Z) referenced in function
_newcolor_setup
newcolor error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
protected: virtual __thiscall GemBase::~GemBase(void)"
(__imp_??1GemBase@@MAE at XZ) referenced in function
__unwindfunclet$??0newcolor@@QAE at HPAU_atom@@@Z$0
newcolor error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _s_list
newcolor error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
const newcolor::`vftable'" (__imp_??_7newcolor@@6B@) referenced in function
"public: __thiscall newcolor::newcolor(int,struct _atom *)"
(??0newcolor@@QAE at HPAU_atom@@@Z)
newcolor error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
protected: __thiscall GemBase::GemBase(void)" (__imp_??0GemBase@@IAE at XZ)
referenced in function "public: __thiscall newcolor::newcolor(int,struct
_atom *)" (??0newcolor@@QAE at HPAU_atom@@@Z)
newcolor error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
private: static class newcolor * __cdecl newcolor::GetMyClass(void *)"
(__imp_?GetMyClass at newcolor@@CAPAV1 at PAX@Z) referenced in function "private:
static void __cdecl newcolor::newcolorMessCallback(void *,struct _symbol
*,int,struct _atom *)"
(?newcolorMessCallback at newcolor@@CAXPAXPAU_symbol@@HPAU_atom@@@Z)