[PD-dev] Using a different Tcl version with Windows

carmen ix at replic.net
Tue Mar 16 23:54:58 CET 2004

> if I can get a newer version of Tcl incorporated in the Windows,
> installer if it works well.  Anyone have any experience or advice?  A
> howto would be ideal.

theres not much to it, the main annoyance is moving all the right things to the right place, libs, includes, dll's, while skipping the unecessary stuff that would bloat the install., and then changing s_inter.c to point to the new wish.exe.

fwiw someone who grabbed my build of 37.1 w/ tcl8.5 said that they were getting no icons for their windows anymore, they hadnt run the activestate 8.5 installer..might want to try the rar at replic.net/~ix/pd/ first to see if you get icons, if you do, probably nothing to worry about..

..