[PD-dev] devel branch for 'externals'

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 18 18:09:37 CET 2004

Hallo,

> There is a bunch of code in the 'externals' section of the CVS that is
> not maintain there (maxlib, motex, pdogg I think, etc.).  So I was
> thinking that it would make sense to make that code read-only, then
> make a branch like "devel_0_37" for 'pd', maybe calling it just "devel"
> or whatever.  But I think it would be good to have a standard branch
> for modification of such code.
>
> This would make it easier to maintain code in the CVS when the creator
> doesn't want to maintain it in the CVS.   Thoughts?  Comments?

It depends. Sometimes this is one of the advantages of CVs: That
someone else can quickly fix a small bug. This doesn't work for Thomas
Grill's externals of course, which are overwritten every night, IIRC,
but there read-only wouldn't make much sense anyways.

Of the examples you mentioned: I don't know, if maxlib for Pd is still
maintained by Olaf.

In othr