[PD-dev] separating the debian package building

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 18 19:36:20 CET 2004

Hallo,

> Here's my idea:
> Separate each package out into its own "debian" directory which will
> compile only one package:
> externals/debian
> externals/cyclone/debian
> externals/flext/debian
> externals/footils/debian  (aka pd-flext-ext; this might to be renamed
> pd-footils for this to work)

Puh, I fought hard with Guenther to *not* name the package
pd-footils which is how it was called once. ;) I'd see a pd-flext-ext
package as a package of externals that depend on flext. This doesn't
have to be just my externals, in fact, xsample, pool and such should
go there as well. They then could build-depend on pd-flext.

> externals/OSCx/debian

What is the reason to not package OSC inside pd-externals? It doesn't
depend on anything special, just std-C-headers, not even any of Pd's
"private" headers.

ciao