[PD-dev] "tracking third-party sources" in cvs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Mar 20 23:41:47 CET 2004

So I was just reading the cvs docs and I came across this handy
chapter: 13. Tracking third-party sources

http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs-1.11.14/cvs_13.html#SEC104

This seems to be the way that we should be tracking code that is not
maintained in the pure-data.sf.net CVS. I believe guenter was talking
about switching the pd sources to this method, and I think we should
use this method for the externals as well.

Basically, the code from the original source is maintained in a
separate branch, while we work on the MAIN branch (which is the
default).  Then we 'cvs import' new versions from the source into that
separate branch and merge changes into the MAIN branch.