[PD-dev] dynamic patching, cut w/out vis 1?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Mar 22 17:24:12 CET 2004

Hey all,

I need to dyanmically delete and reinstanciate an abstraction in a
patch. The new abstraction should replace the old one.

The reference document I'm using seems to expect you to make the patch
visible before cutting, but I really would prefer it to happen in the
background (unopened). Also the "click" message used in the example
patch does not seem to work in 0.37:

[ click  5 5 0 0 (

results in:

error: Bad arguments for message 'click' to object 'canvas'

Any ideas? an example patch would be ideal.

It would be best if there was a way to delete an object without all this
mouse stuff, based on the object id used in dynamic connections?

Thanks
Ben