[PD-dev] making the font size the same cross-platform

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 25 18:12:14 CET 2004

Hallo,

> I have been working on a bunch of cross-platform patches and the
> different font sizes of each platform is driving me nuts.  Anyone know
> the root of this or have any suggestions as to how to fix it?

The reason might be the different DPI conventions used on the various
operating systems. I don't remember the exact figures, but the problem
is the same if you do web design and has been discussed in this
context to death. The general consensus in the design world is, to not
use point-based or metric font sizes.

ciao