[PD-dev] threaded gui / gui problems

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Mar 31 00:35:37 CEST 2004

hi all,

after experiencing several problems with a clicking gui, i thought about
a completely independent gui ...
for my graphic heavy performance patch, i consider to run 2 pd's on my
machine, one running with -nogui -rt , and one representing the gui ...
although both pd's should communicate via netsend/recieve ...

but on the other hand this is only a solution to get rid of the
symptoms, but not to get rid of the problems itself ...

what else can be done to solve the problems with graphic heavy patches?
i'd prefer to spend some time tweaking pd's gui than rewriting my
performance patch ...

what would be the result of increasing the SOCKSIZE? are there any
negative aspects? i haven't fully read the code, but is there a way to
queue for the messages that are to be sent to the gui?

cheers...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,