[PD-dev] Was [PD] Help with writing externals

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sun Apr 4 20:00:28 CEST 2004

> i just noticed that there is a discrepancy between passed arguments (dsp_add)
> and how you interpret them in the perform()-routine:
> while you are passing the sp[1]-s_vec as the \"3rd\" argument to the perform
> routine, it is somehow interpreted as \"int n2\".

Its true, my inlet/outlet requests look like this:

//One signal inlet there by default
inlet_new(&ref->x_obj, &ref->x_obj.ob_pd, &s_float, &s_float);  //bin inlet
outlet_new(&ref->x_obj, &s_float);                              //bin value outlet

but I dont know how to request anything but signal vectors, as the counter object  example doesnt have a dsp function. How do I request the following?

void fftbin_tilde_dsp(t_fftbin *ref, t_signal **sp)
{
  dsp_add(fftbin_tilde_perform, 5, ref,
          sp[0]->s_vec, control rate float inlet, control rate float outlet, sp[0]->s_n);
}

Thanks for your help!

-thewade