[PD-dev] Two questions

Matthew Laughlin bunglenutter at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:14:21 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm developing a granular synth object and I have run into two major issues.
The object contains a short array of floats acting as a delay line from
which the samples for the grains are taken.

My first question is this - I have included a method for freezing the
writing to the delay buffer so that essentially there is a loop of whatever
the user has put into it. If the grain size is greater than the delay line
length then there is a click. Does anyone have any information I can use to
code some sort of interpolation between the start and end of the buffer?

Secondly - I am having trouble creating a pitch shifting method for the
grains. What I would like to do is change the rate at which the read pointer
on the delay line reads samples but again there are clicking problems and I
simply cannot think of a method to manage the shift. Does anyone have any
tips on this subject?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Matt