[PD-dev] OSCx License is not free?

d.lj jdl at xdv.org
Mon Apr 5 18:36:37 CEST 2004

hu.

never thought about this but of course this is an issue. all three OSC
objects are only modifications of the cnmat programs respectively the
max object. hm. rewrite anyone? ;)

anyway, i ll ask about it on the osc list and see what the cnmat ppl
say.

_j

[Hans-Christoph Steiner]->[[PD-dev] OSCx License is not free?]->[04-04-05 10:55]

 |Anyone know what the license is of the OSCx code in CVS is?  On the
 |files themselves, the license is a non-free license.  So unless its
 |been released under a different license also,  it shouldn't be in
 |SourceForge CVS and it can't be distributed with the Pd installers or
 |in Debian.  (This isn't a political issue, its a legal issue.  UC
 |Berkeley could sue SourceForge, guenter, or me, for example, for
 |violating their license).
 |
 |This is from the top of externals/OSCx/src/dumpOSC.c:

 |"Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its

 |____

--
x          D          v          .          o          R          g
GPG-key at http://xdv.org/~jdl/jdl.pub.asc