[PD-dev] how does Pd represent a patch when that patch is running?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Apr 5 22:57:26 CEST 2004

So my experiments with doing a shared patch using the pd GUI messages
has demonstrated that this approach won't work very well, so I have a
new idea.  I want to track the patch in memory.  Basically I want to
track canvas, obj, msg, text, connect, etc., i.e. the info that Pd
saves in the file rather than mouse, mouseup, motion, key, etc. that
comes from the GUI.

I did a little digging around and haven't found this part in the pd
code yet.  Can anyone give me any pointers as to where I should look,
how it works, and how I might access this info from a patch?  I would
also need to find out object state info, like position data from
sliders, num/symbol atoms, toggles, etc.

____

"Information wants to be free."
                              -Stewart Brand
____

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.
								-David Zicarelli

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                     -William Carlos Williams