[PD-dev] Representing Edit mode with the GUI

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 6 11:28:29 CEST 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> So I was checking out ImPD and I noticed that gray background
> representing edit mode.  While I like the idea, I think the grey is too
> much.  So I'd like to resubmit an idea Rodolfo Caesar
> <rc at unisys.com.br> had to represent this:

You may also change background to other colours by adding this kind of
line to ~/.pd.tk :

set look(canvasbgrun)  #ddddff
set look(canvasbgedit) #ffffdd

I think that white objectboxes on nonwhite background (or equivalent
contrast) is important so that objectboxes stand out a bit, and especially
when editing, so it's killing two birds with one stone... but I'm an ex
jMax user, too.