[PD-dev] how to make a free OSC for Pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 12 08:13:36 CEST 2004

Hallo,

> I found these files, which are under the new free license:
>
> http://cnmat.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OpenSoundControl/src/
>
> They need to be merged into the CVS so that we distribute OSC on the
> pure-data.org site and with the installers.  I don't use OSC, so I am
> not the best candidate.

I looked at those files and a lot of them still include the "bad"
license catch. It's a pity no one on the OSC-list answered this
question:
http://www.create.ucsb.edu/pipermail/osc_dev/2004-April/000419.html

Another question: Does anyone know who wrote the Pd-OSC objects? If
we're about to rewrite and relicense this, this should somehow be
known?

Ciao