[PD-dev] devel_0_37 on CVS broken and old?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Apr 23 11:22:36 CEST 2004

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > The merging sure is lots of tedious work which I don't envy
> > Guenther and Thomas.
>
> Thats true, above all its unthankfull. The maximum you get is
> complaints.  I don't mean bug reports, but people tend to think that
> it is sort of and obligation, the last time I did the merge there
> was not a single thank you, only complaints.  I admit that I am a
> bit a whiner here, but if you spend your sunday afternoon trying to
> do something for the community and it is not appreciated, you start
> to think that the community probably doesn't want this to be done.

I sure didn't want to sound like I'm complaining, as I have lots of
respect for you (and "xovo") doing the merging and am really grateful
for it.  It just wasn't clear to me at what stage the code on CVS is.

I also wonder, how you approach the merging technically, so that
others (like me) can help out with this. I could of course compare
what is in the CVS with MSP-Pd file by file, but how do I find out,
which parts are just new changes in the MSP verison, and what is a
feature added by some of the other developers like Thomas, Tim or you?

Is there a list of those patches somewhere?

Ciao