[PD-dev] devel_0_37 on CVS broken and old?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 23 17:10:36 CEST 2004

On Friday, Apr 23, 2004, at 04:02 America/New_York, guenter geiger
wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> The merging sure is lots of tedious work which I don't envy Guenther
>> and Thomas.
>
> Thats true, above all its unthankfull. The maximum you get is
> complaints.
> I don't mean bug reports, but people tend to think that it is sort of
> and obligation, the last time I did the merge there was not a single
> thank you, only complaints.  I admit that I am a bit a whiner here,
> but if
> you spend your sunday afternoon trying to do something for the
> community
> and it is not appreciated, you start to think that the community
> probably
> doesn't want this to be done.
>
> Guenter

I can't imagine Pd without the work that you have done.  So you are
owed, and hopefully receive, much gratitude from me.  I just try to do
my bit in return and aim to reduce the tedious work for all involved.

That said, have I mentioned the CVS? ;) Wouldn't it be great if
everyone maintained their own code there? ;)  Thanks to all who do...

-The CVS cheerleader.
____

deliberately throwing it away
to benefit those who profit from scarcity."
							-John Gilmore