[PD-dev] Treating .pd-files as binaryin CVS

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 27 11:41:09 CEST 2004

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Ah, subversion. If we someday leave SF and move to IEM, I would
> > stongly vote for using Subversion instead of CVS. It has many
> > advantages in regard to moving files and handling binary/diff stuff
> > and is really easy to use. I'm playing around with it a lot currently,
> > but didn't try merging Pd-patches yet. Will do after LAConf2.
>
> Wow, if it can merge pd patches ...
> But I doubt that.

I wonder how I could test that reliably. I already tried to make some
simple changes to Pd files like deleting objects. commiting the
changes to a svn-repository, replacing the changed file with the
previous version and and running update afterwards did work, so it
seems. (Is this merging?) At least the patch was functional and was
missing the previously deleted objects.

Ciao