[PD-dev] Treating .pd-files as binaryin CVS

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 27 14:16:33 CEST 2004

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> (but you are patching the pd file, which works ;-))

I wonder, if "patching" works on CVS... I have found, that real
merging on CVS not even seems to work correctly for Makefiles: I often
get these ">>>>>" lines in Makefiles from Pd-CVS, for which I made
local changes, when I "cvs update"

> 1. create a pd-file
> 2. make a backup-copy
> 3. change the original pd-file
> 4. commit it to the svn/cvs
> 5. replace the (changed) original file with the backup.
> 6. change the backup copy
> 7. update from the cvs
>
> this should produce a merge.

Okay, I see the difference. I suppose this would be hard to deal with
for every versioning software that tries to merge Pd patches. Probably
only Pd can be used to do this with copy/paste.

Ciao