[PD-dev] extending the .pd format

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 30 04:44:46 CEST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> iirc the original PureData project was about keeping the max-like
> message passing system as simple as it was, and designing ``pure data
> structures'' instead.  Has this project died?

I don't know what is meant here by "pure data structures". Any hints?
Maybe I should have gone through the whole tutorial instead of just
seeing Pd as a jMax replacement...

> If so, Pd should change its name, perhaps?

Well, I already chose Impure Data. It sounds so... postdigital. ;-)

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, guenter geiger wrote:

> :) well, i have to admit that I never seriously used the
> pure data part of PD. Maybe its just a question of trying
> to work with the data-structures. My understanding is that the lists
> from the data-structure section are something different than
> MAX lists, but maybe its just my impression.

I'll look into it real soon now, but I haven't gone thru the tutorial yet,
not enough time. ;-)