[PD-dev] Re: flext installation - 4

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Wed May 12 19:45:44 CEST 2004

Hi Marc,
if you want to build any flext-based externals (including the flext
tutorials), you'll have to build the flext library beforehand - just
unpacking the archive is not sufficient.
In the flext directory, edit the config-*-*.txt file to match your system
configuration, then run the build-*.* script, in your case
config.pd.msvc.txt and build-pd-msvc.bat . Under Windows, running the bat
file should be done from the "Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt" as
already discussed.

After that step you should have flext library files in the flext subfolder
of your PD installation.
Then you can finally proceed building flext based externals.

good luck,
Thomas