[PD-dev] submitting Pd to ACM Multimedia

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 17 23:11:07 CEST 2004

Hallo,

> I am thinking of submitting Pd to the ACM Multimedia conference this
> October.  Its in New York this year, and I live here, so that's easy
> for me; I'll be going to the conference anyway.
>
> http://www.mm2004.org/acm_mm04_call4oss.htm
>
> Any thoughts, objections, comments?

Cool idea. We'll win.

Although it sounds a bit, uhem, strange to read: "submit Pd", because
this might bring up the question:

What is Pd? Is this just the main program, or does this include
externals, abstractions, or collections of both as well? Main Pd does
surprisingly little Multimedia and is mostly concerned with sound,
whereas there also are a lot of Pd users, who are mainly concerned
with graphics, which in turn is only available by extensions like Gem
or PDP or even Flash.

In the light of this, I'm curious what the "README.txt which
summarizes the purpose of the software and its overall design and use"
will look like.

Ciao