[PD-dev] Flite config file

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Tue Jun 1 04:27:35 CEST 2004

Hi Bryan, list,

I'm not sure what the status of the flite external is these days, but I
just compiled 0.01 on debian and have a suggestion for the makefile. On
my debian system the flite headers (flite.h) are in /usr/include/flite
where apt-get put them. Invoking configure like this:
    "./configure --with-flite-dir=/usr/include/flite"
still yeilds a "flite.h not found" error because of lines 2636 and 2637
in the configure, which are
    "IFLAGS="$IFLAGS -I${FLITE_DIR}/include"
      LFLAGS="$LFLAGS -L${FLITE_DIR}/lib""
or something like that (I only have an altered version on hand so that's
from memory, but the line numbers are certainly correct). To install on
my system, and I suspect most apt-get managed systems, I needed to
remove the inlcude and lib subdirectories from these statements. I just
thought there might be some way to make this easier or more
straightforward would is needed, as I only happened across these lines
by dumb luck.

Thanks,

Ian Smith-Heisters