[PD-dev] Flite config file

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Jun 1 13:24:36 CEST 2004

hi Ian,

you're certainly right -- my first flite installation was under
SuSE, and I haven't used the external since I switched to debian ;-)
the directories hard-coded in the makefile are just hacks: i'll
try and get around to changing them (probably adding
'--with-flite-includes' and '--with-flite-libs' options to
./configure) this weekend.

in the meantime, you can use the environment variable
CPPFLAGS to use the debian flite directory:

  bash$ export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/flite"

... or simply:

  bash$ ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/flite"

flite needs a serious overhaul; i'd like to get it
working in realtime (failing that, at least running
in its own thread), but I just don't grok the flite
API, it seems...

marmosets,
	Bryan