[PD-dev] just another makefile question

cr ix at replic.net
Fri Jun 18 19:42:54 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 07:07:41PM +0200, Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I tried cygwin to compile an external by me on windows (I modified the
> cygwin1.dll be ?
kk

ive not had any luck with cygwin either, apparently it is supposed to be able to build free-standing dll's that do not depend on cygwin, but it always screwed up on the linking phase because its way too easy for it to include something it shouldnt (for standalone operation to work..)...

the only thing cygwin dll provides is POSIX call emulation, but the vast majority of those calls exist in NT anyways under a different name. so you can usually fix them by doing things like #define usleep(m) Sleep(m/1000) etc. i'm not a C programmer but via mingw was fairly easily able to get working irssi, pd+Externals, jack, pdp + gridflow (SDL output..), etc...no harder than i remmeber Slackware being anyways...

as for your external, perhaps try http://whats-your.name/pd/extra/mingw_makefile changing the name of the c file to your own...

cr