[PD-dev] Making a Video/Graphics friendly Pd.app for MacOS X

0001 0001 at ooo000ooo.org
Sun Jun 20 13:17:02 CEST 2004

> For the long run, it would be ideal if all of the objects in the video
> libs were compiled as individual files.  This makes it much easier for
> newbies since they you don't have to deal with the .pdrc at all, plus
> it makes handling name conflicts much easier (there are some in Gem
> for example).

I find libraries are also very convenient because otherwise the number
of objects becomes unmageable.
if you don't want to deal with .pdrc, you can make a startup script
like:

for i in `find $LIBS_DIR -name *.pd_darwin`
do
  export LIBS=$(basename $i .pd_darwin):$LIBS
done

and later

pd -lib $LIBS

this allows also to organize libraries in subfolders (also usefull for
objects and abstractions)

.