[PD-dev] problem with inlet and outlets

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu Jun 24 20:17:29 CEST 2004

Hi Pontus,

Pd uses the same portion of memory to store the incoming and outgoing
audio data. To get silence you have to set the buffer to zero (0.) after
you read in the incoming data. Something like:

while(n--)
{
    temp = *in++;   // copy input
    *out++ = 0.;   // set output to silence
}

in and out are two different pointers pointing to the same memory position.

hope this helps,
Olaf