[PD-dev] Making Wish launch Pd rather than pd launch wish

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 14 03:16:48 CEST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I am working on making Pd behave like a proper MacOS X app and in
> order to do this, I have to make Wish Shell.app launch the pd process
> rather than the pd launching wish, as it currently does.  I was
> wondering whether anyone has made any attempts at this and whether
> anyone has any advice about approaches or possible pitfalls.

I was going to do this a few months ago but I got sidetracked by several
gallery shows in a row. I still plan to make a rather stable IMPD
(0.37.B) by the end of the summer, probably the end of this month. All I
want to do before 0.37.B is to correct bugs and refine existing
features. _After_ 0.37.B, one of the first things I'll do is delete
pd/src/t_tkcmd.c and rewrite a smaller version of it in pure Tcl (that
would be inserted in u_main.tk).