[PD-dev] console / wish

ix ix at replic.net
Sun Aug 1 22:41:54 CEST 2004

> I'll release all this once I can decide what I think is the most
> portable way to get the GUI to start Pd up (which seems to be
> necessary if you don't want a "console" window popping up on MSW or

hi, to hide the DOS console on MSWindows, add -mwindows to the pd.exe linker flags in the (GNU) makefile. the current caveat to using mingw is the ASIO support is broken, at least until upgrading to either portaudio19, or adding the IASIOThiscallResolver.h ( http://www.audiomulch.com/~rossb/code/calliasio/ ) to portaudio sources..

> Yuck because I can't figure out how to get Wish, when I click on it in
> Windows, to just run my script and not make a Wish console...  also, whatever
> program one identifies as Pd, it would be desirable to be able to drag a patch
> to it (or double-click the patch to start it) -- and I don't see how to get

-r impd_0_37 has a feature which implements drag and drop by allowing a patch to be dropped on the parent window containing the peak meters, menu, etc...opening it in the current instance. usually the program is proably launched froma  start menu shortcut or .bat or something, so the program icon is praobly not around to be dropped upon (sounds awfully system 7...)

it seems the command "console hide" will hide the wish console...