[PD-dev] Re: setting the sample rate from an external (Pontus Nyman)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 5 18:18:34 CEST 2004

Pontus Nyman wrote:
> Hi all, hi Kjetil.

> This is exactly what I was looking for. The problem now is that I get
> linking errors. It seems as if sys_close_audio() and sys_open_audio()
> cannot be found in pd.lib. I looked in the makefile for k_jack~ and it
> does nothing that I don't do. I use pd version 0.37.1. Am I doing
> something wrong or doesn't this work anymore?

just a wild guess:
under linux (like k_jack~) linking is very dirty - you can use all
(non-static) functions that are defined somewhere.

windows is exporting is done more properly: functions have to be
explicitly declared to be exported.
now sys_open_audio() is *not* exported by pd; thus you cannot access it
under windows but it is possible under linux.

workaround: use the EXPORT macro (m_pd.h) to make sys_open_audio()
available to externals.

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes