[PD-dev] PD ALSA native MMAP Interface, first implementation...

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Fri Aug 6 16:47:19 CEST 2004

Hello,

PD's ALSA Interface is not working with Hammerfall RME96xx, HDSP96xx and
HDSP-MADI cards, since we need this I have implemented a seperate ALSAMM
Interface. I can get good latency responses (6.9ms stable) and also added
multicard support.

For a first try you can get it here:

   http://puredata.org/Members/ritsch/pd_alsa_mmap

I dont know if I should or someone else will insert this in cvs (since I have
no access to pd-cvs at the moment) and make maybe a
alsamm branch for first implementations until several poeple have reported it
stable (or noone reported it broken in one month ;-))) before do a merge.

  Any suggest  ?

Please report sucessfull usage and the configuration used.

mfg Winfried Ritsch
- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch
- ritsch at iem.at - http://iem.at/ritsch
- Institut fuer Elektronische Musik und Akustik
- University of Music and Dramatic Art Graz
- Tel. ++43-316-389-3510 (3170) Fax ++43-316-389-3171
- PGP-ID 69617A69 (see keyserver http://wwwkeys.at.gpg.net/)