[PD-dev] PD ALSA native MMAP Interface, first implementation...

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Aug 8 14:10:18 CEST 2004

> I dont know if I should or someone else will insert this in cvs (since
> I have no access to pd-cvs at the moment) and make maybe a
> alsamm branch for first implementations until several poeple have
> reported it stable (or noone reported it broken in one month ;-)))
> before do a merge.
>
>   Any suggest  ?
>
> Please report sucessfull usage and the configuration used.

i tried your patch with both devel_0_37 and 0.37-1-alsamm and got some
problems:

tim at laptop ~/pd/pd/src $ ../bin/pd -alsamm
reading startup file: /home/tim/.pdrc
pd_startgui : updater thread 16386 launched
couldn't open MIDI input device 0
couldn't open MIDI output device 0
opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).
alsa: max 4 output device allowed (extras ignored)
error: No Accesstype SND_PCM_ACCESS_MMAP_NONINTERLEAVED: Invalid
argument

error: playback device hwparam_set error:: Invalid argument

requested channels=0 but used=18
playback device hw:1 with 18 channels and buffer_time 46439 us opened
error: No Accesstype SND_PCM_ACCESS_MMAP_NONINTERLEAVED: Invalid
argument

error: capture device hwparam_set error:: Invalid argument

global soundfiler thread launched, priority: 0

<snip>

when i want to switch to alsamm in the menu->media->alsa i get:

error: Bad arguments for message 'audio-setapi' to object 'pd'
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.

my setup: hw:0 intel8x0
	  hw:1 hdsp
	  alsa 1.0.5a
	  kernel 2.6.6-mm1

any idea?

anyway, if no one objects, i'd add it to the devel branch ...

cheers... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783

would say "I want to see the manager."