[PD-dev] Radio button bug in devel_0.37

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Aug 8 23:00:56 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> OH, I get it now.  (I never use the same send and receive name myself, so
> would never have found that!)
>
> thanks... now I know a new case I hace to check when I go trying to improve
> the IEM GUIs...!  I'll put in the fix and turn around a new release ASAP
> (hopefully today for linux and tomorrow for the rest...)

Puh, I'm glad is was just an oversight, not a new policy. ;)

I don't know if it is good style to use the same send/receive names in
a GUI object, nevertheless I do this a lot because it is very
practical and saves a lot of work, both thinking and patching work.

Because of this I would suggest to add this functionality to the older
symbol and number objects as well. Currently they bail out with a
message loop if the same names are used.

Ciao