[PD-dev] PD ALSA native MMAP Interface, first implementation...

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 9 01:28:18 CEST 2004

Hi Wini,

Thanks for this (I'll buy you a beer in Graz...) I think the best way to
use it is to call the alsamm functions automatically if the regular
(interleaved non-mmap) mode isn't available.  I put a non-interleaved
non-mmap attempt in s_audio_alsa.c, but apparently the alsa driver simply
doesn't work for that case (crashes the machine) so I won't mind simply
replaceing that with the code you wrote.  Then there won't have to be an
extra API choice...

I'll try rolling this into my upcoming 0.38.  Unfortunately the code is
broken in other respects right now and wouldn't be suitable for checking into
CVS; so I'll just upload a tarball for people to grab if they want to try it.

cheers
Miller