[PD-dev] RE: Flext

Saul saul at atonic.com
Mon Aug 9 22:21:23 CEST 2004

On 7 Aug 2004, at 10:31, Thomas Grill wrote:

>> Has anyone managed to compile flext on a Mac (os x panther), for PD or
>> Max/MSP.
>> If so, what version of flext did you use and can you use Xcode or do
>> you have to use Code Worrier.
>
> Actually, it should be pretty easy to compile flext for PD/OSX.
> Just edit the config-pd-darwin.txt file so that the paths match your
> system,
> then run "sh build-pd-darwin.sh" .
>
> Max/MSP is a different thing - Mach-O builds (with gcc) for OSX
> externals
> are very new and i haven't had time to look into it yet.
> You have to use Codewarrior and adjust the Source Tree settings
> accordingly.
>
> It's all written in the readme.txt file.
>
> best,
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

In regards to Max/MSP. I've set the source tree has is explained in the
read me file.
The only difference is I've set the 'Cycling74 OSX' to 'Max/MSP-SDK/4.5
headers/c74support', is this correct? I not sure what xmax is? At the
minute it won't compile and I get 1445 errors, many of which are
questioning the code.
I'm assuming, due to the amount  of errors that there are, other
setting are not configured in Code Worrier. What would these be?

On another note when you say to define "FLEXT_SYS=1" is this when you
are using the flext library to build externals? or is this another
definition to set to compile flext itself.

Thanks again

All the best,

Saul