[PD-dev] RE: Flext

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Aug 10 12:40:30 CEST 2004

Hi Saul,
as this is a flext-only related-post not referring to PD, i ask myself (and
all of you):
should there be a separate flext mailing list?

> In regards to Max/MSP. I've set the source tree has is explained in the
> read me file.
> The only difference is I've set the 'Cycling74 OSX' to 'Max/MSP-SDK/4.5
> headers/c74support', is this correct? I not sure what xmax is? At the
> minute it won't compile and I get 1445 errors, many of which are
> questioning the code.
> I'm assuming, due to the amount  of errors that there are, other
> setting are not configured in Code Worrier. What would these be?

Do you use the flext.cw project? The settings therein should be ok.
If you are using the latest flext from cvs you will need to enable "C++
exceptions" for the "language settings/C/C++-language" also, this is taken
into account in tomorrow's cvs flext.

I don't get that many errors when compiling flext with the newest SDK but
there are a few issues with it:
Some parts of the Max/MSP SDK are not compliant to the C standard. You'll
get some errors for lines like
#endif _MOTO_
You should changes all of these to
#endif /* _MOTO_ */

The other thing is that a few things have changed non-portably from the 4.3
headers to the 4.5 headers and i have to introduce a workaround into flext
for that. I already posted a message on the Max mailing list and hope to
find a portable solution.

I hope this all gets much easier (namely with a makefile) once i managed to
try out the new Mach-O support.

best greetings,
Thomas