[PD-dev] PD ALSA native MMAP Interface, first implementation...

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Tue Aug 10 13:35:53 CEST 2004

Hello,

> Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).
> > alsa: max 4 output device allowed (extras ignored)
> > error: No Accesstype SND_PCM_ACCESS_MMAP_NONINTERLEAVED: Invalid
> > argument
> >
> > my setup: hw:0 intel8x0
> > 	  hw:1 hdsp
>
> as far as i understand wini's implementation, only few cards (like the
> hdsp) will support the non-interleaved features that are required by
> alsamm. probably pd is trying to open the intel8x0 in non-interleaved mode
> and fails ?

thats true, and tests if multicard configuration will work is not very
extensive. Maybe I should change this, so it picks only cards which can do
this. As far as I know only few multichannel cards support this mode as
hardwaredevice, and only hardware devices supports mmap Interface this way.

Anyway this driver superceeds the jack implenentation for special use-cases.
So in most cases use jack.

mfg winfried ritsch