[PD-dev] planning to attempt to upload 0.38 to CVS

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Aug 15 17:33:06 CEST 2004

> So, to resume, we have:
>
> * MAIN (with release tags and restricted write access)
> * devel_XX (as it was now, branched away from MAIN after a release)
> * impd, etc, etc ..(other branches, maintained by single
> persons/groups,
>   who go an even more adventurous way)
>
> In my experience branching too much should be avoided. Merging is
> not only difficult but it is easy to really break things.

this sounds good, although i'd propose an additional branch for features
considered to be stable, but not in the msp tree ...
maybe this is something that goes into the third category ... but some
of these features are important ... e.g. i can't run my performance
patch without the threaded gui ...

cheers... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783