[PD-dev] pd-osc on OSX

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Aug 16 19:05:47 CEST 2004

Hallo,
adam overton hat gesagt: // adam overton wrote:

> i noticed the new disclaimer on the pure-data site regarding the new
> status of pd-osc, that now it's not actively distrbuted by the pd
> site...
> i've seen two versions of the pd-osc external, the newest version at
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/externals/OSCx/ (which
> is where i'm directed to go from the pd site), and an older version at
> the pd sourceforge site.
>
> query # 1:
> when i got to the site with the newer version, i couldn't figure out
> for the life of me how to download the entire contents of the OSCx
> directory all at once. i had to download each file one at a time. for
> future reference, is there a way to do this quickly and with one
> command that i don't know about?
>
> as for the older version on sourceforge, i was able to easily download
> the whole thing happily in one shot, but jeez, i really wanted the
> newest one, not the 2002 version...

You want the newest one. The old one has some bugs that are fixed on
CVS.

To download them all in one go you need to use cvs. It might already
be included on an OS-X machine in command line form, don't know, I use
Linux. Try to open a terminal and type "cvs" <Enter> in it. If you
don't get command not found but a useage description, you have cvs
installed.

You probably can use the instructions on pure-data.sf.net for checking
out the cvs repository.

> alrighty. so, basically, if someone has the time, please enlighten me
> to whether there could've been a way quicker and easier way for me to
> do all of this...

I'm quite sure, that Hans-Christoph found some better way in the
installer packages for OS-X...

Ciao