[PD-dev] pd-osc

d.lj jdl at xdv.org
Sat Aug 21 00:51:32 CEST 2004

hu

fyi, for OSCx i fixed that install bug and added the prefix option in
the makefile.

also i changed the stale cnmat licences to the more recent ones so it
might be included again in larger packages ..

bst, opt

[adam overton]->[[PD-dev] pd-osc on OSX]->[04-08-16 09:17]

 |hello there
 |
 |sorry to jump aboard the pd-dev list as a newbie, but i just wanted to
 |relate some problems i had downloading and compiling pd-osc for OSX,
 |and how i ended up troubleshooting them -- with the hope of either
 |getting feedback on what i *really* should have done, or so that the
 |maintainer of pd-osc may update the docs so that it'll be easier for
 |folks like me to get it going later on. here's what happened:

 |i noticed the new disclaimer on the pure-data site regarding the new
 |status of pd-osc, that now it's not actively distrbuted by the pd
 |site...
 |i've seen two versions of the pd-osc external, the newest version at
 |http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/externals/OSCx/ (which
 |is where i'm directed to go from the pd site), and an older version at
 |the pd sourceforge site.
 |
 |query # 1:
 |when i got to the site with the newer version, i couldn't figure out
 |for the life of me how to download the entire contents of the OSCx
 |directory all at once. i had to download each file one at a time. for
 |future reference, is there a way to do this quickly and with one
 |command that i don't know about?
 |
 |as for the older version on sourceforge, i was able to easily download
 |the whole thing happily in one shot, but jeez, i really wanted the
 |newest one, not the 2002 version...

 |here are some things that i had to mangle with as an OSX user trying to
 |compile this stuff - these are the points where i'd either like some
 |advice on what i should've done instead, or if i did what i was
 |supposed to, then maybe the docs could be updated or modified for
 |future users... i couldn't find the email addy of the maintainer of
 |pd-osc in any of the docs, so that's why i'm sending this message here
 |to the dev list... i imagine he's a lurker...

 |first off, i had to change the permissions of the configure file so
 |that it could be executed, otherwise 'permission denied'.
 |chmod u+x configure
 |i imagine this executable bit was just lost in the download process...

 |next, i had to make sure to change my pd folder from 'pd-0.37-2' to
 |just plain 'pd' or else the scripts in the configure file wouldn't know
 |where to look for or put pd-related stuff...

 |at the website
 |(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/externals/OSCx/ ), i
 |didn't download the file 'install.sh' because it was blank, or
 |'configure.h.in' because my browser kept telling me the file didn't
 |exist (it also showed up blank when i viewed it). dummy files. after
 |some mangling with ./configure, i finally downloaded the blank
 |'install.sh' and created a blank doc called 'configure.h.in' and

GPG-key at http://xdv.org/~jdl/jdl.pub.asc