[PD-dev] Building cvs pd dev branch on windows

Bartlomiej Bazior fev at talisker.ckmedia.pl
Mon Aug 23 01:44:47 CEST 2004

Hello

 I've got some problems with building pd devel_0_37 from cvs.
I wanted to build it with threaded soundfiler ,since at the
moment I'm working on a patch that will allow me to trigger
(in live performance) audio samples, and play them "in sync"
at diffrent speeds.
So I modified makefile.nt (changed paths to visual c++ 7,
header files, libs etc.) and added "-DTHREADED_SF -DGARRAY_THREAD_LOCK"
to CFLAGS. Compilation goes with no problems to the moment where
d_soundfile.c is trying to be compiled, and whole pages of errors are
thrown on the console (log-> http://www.ckmedia.pl/~fev/error.txt).
Then I've tried without the threaded soundfiler, (just to check things
out) and the building process went well, but the built version is HIGHLY
unstable (putting dac~ object and turning on dsp is enough to "hang" pd).
So my qestions are:

 1. Does threaded soundfiler work on windows?
 2. Is this devel branch so buggy, or I'm doing something wrong? (maybe
some windoze stuff?)

BTW pd-0.37-4 is building and working nicely, but I'd really love
to have that threaded soundfiler working :-/

Thanks.

cheers,
Bart