[PD-dev] Re: [PD-announce] vst~ beta download

Koray Tahiroglu ktahirog at uiah.fi
Mon Aug 23 13:16:03 CEST 2004

Hello Thomas,

> yes, i have this intention, as there should be a version for Linux
> (based on the FST project) as well - but first i'd like to make finish
> the Windows release.

It is really nice that there will be a Linux - MacOSX version too after
the Windows release.

> > beside that, it would be really nice to have "PD Instruments" inside
> > Pure
> > Data, so that there would not be any need for external instruments.
> >
> > I don't know if it is possible to implement PD Instruments as a package
> > that runs inside the PD, but it is a kind request:-)
> >

> Could you elaborate wath exactly yo umean with "PD instruments"?
> Isn't that the same as "PD abstractions"?

Miller Puckette was in Helsinki for this weekend during ISEA 2004, and
during the workshop we were talking about if there is any vst object or
not for MacOS, but then it came
out as a suggestion, if there would be some kind of Instrument library,
like MIDI instrument lib, that could be directly connected to PD, so that
all MIDI based objects could read MIDI instruments info from this Library.

I dont know so much about if "PD abstractions" also works like this kind
of MIDI instrument library. Maybe I should check that one too.

> best greetings,
> Thomas

cheers,

koray.