[PD-dev] vst~ beta download

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 24 11:09:16 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Koray Tahiroglu hat gesagt: // Koray Tahiroglu wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> It might be the same thing that runs in Reaktor, I don't know so much
> about it, but what I am tryin to propose is to have some kind of Virtual
> Midi Instruments inside the PD that will communicate with PD MIDI objects directly.

For one, I think, that midi alone is not flexible enough for many use
cases. That's why I choose a combination of midi messages and mostly
OSC messages for communication between RRADical objects.

I must admit, that I might mis- or not understand  what "directly
communicating" means to you, though.

> >Well, then I guess it's similar to what I intend to realize with the
> >RRADical patches: modular, higher level instruments ready to use
> >inside Pd.
>
> Frank, can you tell me more about these RRADical patches? Do you have any
> demo or running version?

The official home for the RRADical patches is the Pure data CVS at
pure-data.sf.net in the folder: /abstractions/rradical

A screenshot of a fullblown patch using these objects
is at http://footils.org/images/show.png

Yesterday I also released an experimental version of the patches using
a namespace-save naming convention: http://footils.org/cms/sql/show/22
rsp. http://footils.org/pkg/rradical-newstyle-040823.tgz

This includes all rradical patches, but is intended as an experiment
for testing out those namespaces and to get comments on them.
Whatever comes out of this might lead to the naming convention be
dropped again or made the standard.

Ciao