[PD-DEV] binbuf_addv, t_int to int for "i" args?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 25 20:07:05 CEST 2004

Hi all,

It looks like "binbuf_addv()", which gets called many places in Pd to
save objects' state, expects integer arguments of type "t_int".  This
is fine except on systems (athlon64 for instance) where t_int is bigger
than int.  In lots of the calls the int args aren't cast to t_int but
are just integers.

I think I should change binbuf_addv() so that integer arguments are
simply "int", not "t_int".  Can I do this without causing a lot of
headaches for extern writers?  (I think it should be OK since Pd
doesn't work at all on athlon64 as it is...)

The alternative would be to use (t_int) casts everywhere, but
really, the "int" argument is intended as a convenience;
the data gets converted to a float anyway...

cheers
Miller