[PD-DEV] binbuf_addv, t_int to int for "i" args?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 25 22:04:24 CEST 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Miller Puckette wrote:

> Those are all computers.  I'm thinking about mobile phones, PDAs, DSPs,
> embedded processors, etc.

You know, those mobile phones and PDAs and embedded processors, they tend
to be rather similar to regular computers. What's the point of your
distinction?

I run Ruby/Pd/GridFlow on a NetWinder computer, which is a *very* small
"desktop" box containing roughly the same kind of processor (StrongARM V4L
at 166 MHz) you find in an iPaq or a Zaurus.

go on http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8728350077.html and count how
many of them use StrongARM or MIPS or PPC.

> Anyway, it's better to have a name for an integer you might later cast
> to pointer - makes it more readable.

What does that mean??? We're not debating that. We're debating whether
that should be sometimes an int, sometimes a long, or whether it should be
always a long.