[PD-DEV] binbuf_addv, t_int to int for "i" args?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 26 08:33:55 CEST 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Chris McCormick wrote:

> I find the argument "this technique is used in a large scale open source
> project so it must be good" quite flaccid myself. Who knows how compilers,
> hardware, etc. will change in the future? Don't you think it's better
> to keep it as portable as possible?

pick your poison:

 * JAVA VM on a chip
 * 36-bit LISP machine
 * Scheme compiled to VHDL then to reconfigurable logic gates
 * Turing machine with a high-density rewritable laser tape
 * Quantum computer programmed in Perl
 * Trinary computer
 * Babbage's Analytic Machine using carbon nanogears
 * Hydraulic abacus
 * Paper and pencil
 * Transhumanity / Extropism / Staring into the singularity