[PD-dev] m_pd.h multiple defs with g++-3.3!

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Fri Aug 27 22:03:20 CEST 2004

...I wrote about this back on march 21st, but apparently no one decided
to change it:  when compiling GEM against m_pd.h from pd-0.37-4,
g++-3.3 gives well over 1000 warnings, all about redefinition!
yechh...an easy fix is just to remove the following in m_pd.h from
around line 341;

EXTERN_STRUCT _inlet;
#define t_inlet struct _inlet
EXTERN_STRUCT _outlet;
#define t_outlet struct _outlet

...it can be removed because it is already defined around line 147...

...this is also true for devel_pd:  I'd change it, but strangely don't
have access to the pure_data externals repository...who can I pester
for this?  Miller, can you also change this in your distro, pretty
please?

l8r,
james