[PD-dev] interpolating scalar dsp fuctions

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Sep 3 11:27:53 CEST 2004

> and then: interpolating for one block-size might produce clicks or not
> (depending on the blocksize, samplerate): so what you'd gain ? nothing
> but confusion why it works or not.

currently a volume control looks like this:

   |line~|

|*~|

means there is a line~ object that's consuming cpu power and a vector/vector
multiplication that comsumes cpu power ...

if it's only something like this:

   |line|

|*~|

line is only generating messages and the multiplication is a vector/scaler
multiplication ... (except for the interpolating part)

what you gain? free cpu power ... i once did some profiling on my performace
patch an was suprised how much cpu usage line~ takes ...

cheers ... tim

--
Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl