[PD-dev] interpolating scalar dsp fuctions

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Sep 3 20:13:17 CEST 2004

> Did you take a look a matrix~ in zexy yet? I often use matrix~ for
> dealing with volumes in greater numbers of sound paths. It has
> interpolation built in, but I never benchmarked it. I do however have
> the strong "feeling" that it is faster than using a lot of [line~]s or
> maybe even [line]s.
well, matrix~ is not using any loop unrolling / vectorizing features ...
if i've got a simple volume control, it's more or less a vector/scalar
multiplication, sometimes this scalar will change ...
so a |*~ 0| would perform best ... is suppose matrix~ will add some
overhead (no benchmark, though)

cheers... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783