[PD-dev] Standard Directory Layout for Pd Srcs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Sep 4 00:39:41 CEST 2004

On Sep 3, 2004, at 3:01 PM, guenter geiger wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> So I make a quick web page to document what seems to me the standard
>> layout of files and directories for working with the Pd sources.
>>
>> http://puredata.org/docs/developer/devlayout
>>
>> Comments?
>
> Hi hc.
>
> can you explain a bit more about the background of the layout ?

When making the package build systems for Windows and MacOS X, the
Makefiles need to reference things in all of those directories.  Some
developers have been putting things in different places, making it
difficult to have one centralized build system.  So I am putting this
doc out there to try to get everyone on the same page in terms of how
the Pd directories are laid out.

A good example is needing to reference either the pd src directory or
the bin binary (i.e. -bundle_loader ../../../pd/bin/pd) or
packages/darwin_app/Makefile calling make in each of the different
directories and copying files from them.

____

deliberately throwing it away
to benefit those who profit from scarcity."
							-John Gilmore