[PD-dev] cygwin port?

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Mon Sep 13 12:15:51 CEST 2004

Nobody looked so far at a cygwin port?
I see various build targets, which would help.
pd_cygwin would be a merge of pd_linux and some pd_nt (just the dllext
and some makefile additions, using a newer libtool to use dlltool and
maybe dllwrap)

FYI, cygwin supports OOTB tcl/tk (native nt) and opengl (native or x11).
And sound should be possible also in a mixture of linux and nt manner
(/dev/dsp wrappers and WinAPI).

The packaging would be similar to debian.
I'd prefer cygwin over MSVC, or at least mingw. But if you already
support MSVC, mingw is straightforward.

when is cvs.sf.net populated? I prefer to update from cvs, than from
tar.gz. I miss gem, extensions, ...

It would be nice to have this finished for the convention.
I'm already thinking of maintaining apache, php and postgresql for
cygwin, so puredata would be not so problematic to maintain for me,
compared to the others.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/